BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Third time's the charm...

Well this is the third blog I have started. But I've learned a few things. The first thing I learned just this evening - blog about my passion. Well, my passion is helping other women realize their full potential and encouraging families to be families again.

So with that in mind, I am venturing off again. I will do my best to let my passion shine through. I discovered this passion I think by accident. Most people think my "job" is "selling Discovery Toys". However, that is only a small part of what I do. It is also where I discovered my passion. There is nothing that gives me greater joy than when someone on my team reaches a goal. My favorite part of what I do is training & helping women figure out their goals and dreams and then help them find a way to get them.

However, I want to move beyond just my DT team. I have realized in talking with women over the last 5 years how many of us are searching for ways to find our passions. We are so often at the bottom of our own "to-do" lists, which of course we never get to.

It's like they say on the airplane - put on your own oxygen mask before helping others. Have you done that yet? When was the last time you scheduled time just for you? When was the last time you took a walk by yourself? Had a date with yourself? Exercised? Sat down and actually tasted your food while eating?

We as women think we are pretty damn important, which we are, but we treat ourselves worse than anyone else in our families. Why is that? What reward to we get out of this masochistic behavior? I've learned that we don't do anything - positive or negative - without getting some kind of a reward from it, even if it is on a subconscious level.

So here's my challenge to you: do something just for you! It's not being selfish (although there is nothing wrong with being selfish every once in a while!). It is called self-care. It's a phrase and a lifestyle I want you to adopt.

Well it is almost 10PM and that's when my angel train leaves the station (you'll hear more about that later - or you can read Happy for No Reason by Marci Shimoff).
Good night. Take care - I mean it.

3 comments:

Geosomin said...

Wohoo!
Blog away my dear...

I saw a tshirt yesterday that I would have gotten for you if they'd had any normal human sizes left (all XS)...it was a bright red wonder woman shirt.

Hope you have a great day :)

everydayMOM said...

hi Cindi.... great to read your blog! Keep it up!
Emily

Cindi said...

Geosomin - I have to laugh - I already own that t-shirt!!
Thanks for your comments!